Thursday, April 23, 2009

Men Sweat ... Women Glisten

When I walked into Spinning class last night and saw the Nazi was teaching, I thought 'Oh no, not again!' But I was pleasantly surprised to find that she was somewhat mellow. There were still a few nails on a chalkboard moments, but she actually gave us some recovery time between a few songs and enouraged us to drink our water. Either she had a really tiring day at work, an alien has overtaken her body, or she read my blog!

As we dripped with sweat, she actually said something that made me laugh ...
"Men sweat, women glisten."
It reminded me of the skin of the vampire characters in Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. I don't remember the exact descriptive, but their skin glitters like diamonds in the sunlight. Maybe I need to throw on a little shimmery bronzer before my next workout!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Glad to see there are more beginners out there! Cycling is great!

    ReplyDelete