Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ready or Not

Well, the MS Keystone Country Ride is less than two days away! I have ridden almost 700 miles on my bike, taken almost 50 spinning classes, and lost 30 pounds to prepare for this event. I have also raised over $1,000 for the MS Society, which I'm very happy about. I am so grateful to everyone who donated!

Am I ready? Hell, I don't know. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Tomorrow is a rest day ... and I love it that I can have spaghetti for dinner without feeling guilty!

What I've learned along this journey ...

* Becoming a new cyclist is very expensive!
* Cycling is fun!
* Cycling is sometimes scary (picture steep windy descents)!
* Cycling is not easy (picture all the rolling hills of PA)!
* Cycling is a time commitment.
* I don't like to ride alone (thank God for my sister).
* Spandex isn't that bad after all.
* Bruises and road rash are inevitable.
* I'm tougher than I thought I was.

I look forward to writing about my experience this weekend. I'm praying for no rain, no wind, and no mishaps. And I'm praying that I don't have to take a ride in the SAG wagon!

Peace ...
Julie

*

No comments:

Post a Comment